Friday, March 16, 2012

I Hate You Cancer !!

Jacob woke up yesterday morning with a few little bug bite looking spots on his leg. While we were at the hospital that afternoon for labs, I had the doctor take a look. She agreed that they did look like bites and sent us back to the Ronald with some medicine for itching. That night I gave Jacob one more once over like I do most nights and put him to bed. The bites didn't really look any worse. Maybe just a touch bigger around but nothing to freak about. Nothing to freak out about until this morning that is. Overnight, the reaction had gotten worse. By like a thousand! I grabbed him up and rushed him to the hospital. I didn't even call. I told myself I'd call on the way but I was getting him seen one way or another so there wasn't any huge urgency in getting ahold of anyone other than to give them a heads up that we were coming in.
So here we are again. Another record breaking severe reaction from
his treatment. Probably from the antibodies he's been receiving these past two weeks. They are admitting him for observation and more meds. I will keep everyone posted.

1 comment:

  1. I hope they figure out a way to get rid of this rash. Poor baby boy, I can only imagine how uncomfortable it is. Sending prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete