Monday, March 12, 2012

Here we go again, again!

I can't sleep. My mind is going a million miles a minute. Jacob's second antibody infusion is just a few hours away. I know the pain will be as bad as it was last Monday, that's a guarantee, but I'm worried now that it might actually even be worse this time. They said the pain sometimes increases with each dose. I hope this is not the case for him. The week was rough. Jacob had lots of pain all over his body until Wednesday. From Thursday on, he still had pain but it seemed to be just in his hands and feet. The doctor said it was most likely neuropathy, which is basically a pins and needles sensation from damaged nerves. It is a fairly common side effect and unfortunately sometimes permanent. He has also developed a nasty cough that is getting worse every day. I have read this is happening to some of the other kids that are receiving the HU3f8. I don't even want to think about what kind of damage these drugs are doing to his lungs. Just another worry to add to my ever growing list. At least we got a small break today with his one and only day off from the hospital. We just kicked back on the couch and watched movies, ate pizza and drank lots of chocolate milk. Everyone please keep
Jake in your thoughts tomorrow. It's going to be another hard day!

No comments:

Post a Comment